Tuesday 15 January 2013

Craving carrots and cucumbers

I have been practicing yoga for almost a decade, but I must say that yesterday's session from Sadie Nardini was the most challenging yoga practice I have ever had. The lesson is part of my 21 day total yoga body transformation from DailyOM and is titled "Finding balance". Well, whatever I tried during that session, I did not find my balance to say the least. Thankfully, Sadie mentioned in her video that yogis don't mind falling. So, you watched me Sadie?
I practiced the same poses again today and I must say that it was a little less disastrous, although not really balanced either. That's the fun of it though, trying hard and harder and feeling the body transformation slowly but continuously.

Add colour to your water with grapefruit and oranges.
Sadie's yoga style is so very different from all the other yoga practices I have tried and by far my favourite one. After the 35-40 minute training I am soaked, exhausted, satisfied and feel lighter all at the same time. Anyone reading this might think that Sadie Nardini is my cousin or pays me to be her biggest advocate, but that's not the case. She is simply amazing and her yoga style is the one I love and will practice for the rest of my life. Yes, that's quite a statement, but I am totally convinced.
My body is transforming, that's for sure. Without any effort, just by following Sadie's eating tips, I have shed 2.4 kilos (5.29 pounds) until today. I have not been craving either chocolate nor potato chips but healthy, whole foods such as apples, carrots, almonds, my healthy muffins (see recipe below) and even cucumbers (no kidding). I drink only one coffee per day and have not touched a diet coke in twelve days. This transformation program is totally working for me. Here are the recipes of some tasty infusions I made. Follow these recipes or simply be creative!

Tangerine grape infusion

one liter water
freshly squeezed lemon juice from half a lemon
tangerine pieces (cut up the slices) from two tangerines
a handful of cut up white grapes

Grapefruit orange infusion 
one liter of fresh water
one freshly squeezed grapefruit juice from half a grapefruit
orange pieces (cut up the slices)
add some ginger for extra spice

Tasty tangerine water with grapes and a hint of ginger.





No comments:

Post a Comment